There are a number of ways that mindfulness can be introduced in the workplace including taster sessions, an experiential workshop and an 8-week Introduction to Mindfulness Course.
Mindfulness Taster Sessions
A 60-75 minute taster session can be provided at your workplace at a convenient time for you. It involves a presentation on what is mindfulness and a summary of the research that supports it, in addition to an experiential taste of mindfulness practices.
Mindfulness Experiential Workshops
This type of workshop is a practical, experiential introduction to a variety of mindfulness practices. The duration of the workshops can be adjusted to meet the needs of your organisation i.e. one hour, two hours, half day or full day.
Introduction to Mindfulness Course
This course was developed by experienced teachers at the Oxford Mindfulness Centre. It is typically delivered over eight weekly sessions of 90 minutes duration. Alternatively, it can be offered as four half day sessions. Participants learn a variety of mindfulness skills and brief mindfulness practices that can be readily integrated into the workplace and daily life.
Published research has demonstrated the following benefits of participation on a workplace mindfulness course:
- Reduction in participant’s stress levels
- Increased self-awareness and awareness of others
- Enhanced communication skills
- Lower rates of health-related absenteeism
- Higher levels of personal resilience
- Increase in levels of emotional intelligence
- Improved sleep
- Improved concentration and attention
- Lower levels of psychological distress including anxiety and depression
- Higher levels of well-being, and work and life satisfaction
Reference: The Mindful Workplace by Michael Chaskaslon
Previous clients of MyMindfulSelf include Hibernia College, VHI, Carr’s Child and Family Services, and Tallaght University Hospital.
Contact Helen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 086 2443845 to discuss options.