These workshops involve an experiential introduction to a variety of mindfulness meditation practices. The duration of the workshops can be adjusted to meet the needs of your organisation i.e. one hour, two hours, half day or a full day. They are an ideal way to offer employees a taste of what a mindfulness course at work would entail, as described below.
Finding Peace in a Frantic World – An Introduction to Mindfulness Course
This course was developed by experienced mindfulness teachers at the Oxford Mindfulness Centre. It is typically delivered in a group setting over eight weekly sessions of 90 minutes duration or as four half day sessions. Participants learn a variety of mindfulness skills and brief mindfulness practices that can be readily integrated into the workplace and daily life.
Published research has demonstrated the following benefits of participation on a workplace mindfulness course:
- Reduction in participant’s stress levels
- Increased self-awareness and awareness of others
- Enhanced communication skills
- Lower rates of health-related absenteeism
- Higher levels of personal resilience
- Increase in levels of emotional intelligence
- Improved sleep
- Improved concentration and attention
- Lower levels of psychological distress including anxiety and depression
- Higher levels of well-being, and work and life satisfaction
Reference: The Mindful Workplace by Michael Chaskaslon
Previous clients of MyMindfulSelf include Hibernia College, VHI, Carr’s Child and Family Services, Novas Abigail Centre, and Tallaght University Hospital.
Contact Helen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 086 2443845 to discuss options.