These workshops involve an experiential introduction to a variety of mindfulness meditation practices. The duration of the workshops can be adjusted to meet the needs of your organisation i.e. one hour, two hours, half day or a full day. They are an ideal way to offer employees a taste of what a mindfulness course at work would entail, as described below.
Finding Peace in a Frantic World – An Introduction to Mindfulness Course
This course was developed by experienced mindfulness teachers at the Oxford Mindfulness Centre. It is typically delivered in a group setting over eight weekly sessions of 90 minutes duration or as four half day sessions. Participants learn a variety of mindfulness skills and brief mindfulness practices that can be readily integrated into the workplace and daily life.
Published research has demonstrated the following benefits of participation on a workplace mindfulness course:
- Reduction in participant’s stress levels
- Increased self-awareness and awareness of others
- Enhanced communication skills
- Lower rates of health-related absenteeism
- Higher levels of personal resilience
- Increase in levels of emotional intelligence
- Improved sleep
- Improved concentration and attention
- Lower levels of psychological distress including anxiety and depression
- Higher levels of well-being, and work and life satisfaction
Reference: The Mindful Workplace by Michael Chaskaslon
Previous clients of MyMindfulSelf include Hibernia College, the VHI, Carr’s Child and Family Services, Novas Abigail Centre, and Tallaght University Hospital.
Contact Helen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 086 2443845 to discuss options.